Preparing for Court
What to Bring to Court
Before you come to court, here are the things you should bring with you:
- Proper identification (driver's license, State ID)
- Your copy of the citation
- Appearance letter and/or court documents
- Any receipts regarding your case (i.e., bond receipts, cash bail receipts, etc.)
- Any documents which prove compliance with the judge's orders and/or sentencing
- Method of payment (cash, check, money order )
- Do not use nicknames or an alias. Use the same spelling as listed on documents related to the case and ensure spelling on the documents is correct. If they are not, please advise the court
- Provide the court with your current address and phone number
- Appropriate dress is required. No obscene slogans on clothing, hats, or cell phones. Shirt and shoes are required
- At Court before you enter the Courtroom you must sign in at the table and print to where it is readable. If we can't read it you'll have to wait until the end of court to go in front of the Judge.
- No Cells Phones, Hats, Drinks or Food allowed in the Courtroom.
- If you are attending court with someone and not on the docket you don't need to sign in.
If you fail to appear in court as ordered, the court will issue a warrant for your arrest and you can be jailed. For more information, comments, or questions contact us at (660) 679-6465.
City of Butler • P.O. Box 420, 22 W. Ohio • Butler, MO 64730 • 660-679-4013 • email@example.com